Which today is a good thing for you because I stumbled across an awesome pin the other day that I just had to try out.
DIY Pumpkin Bath Bombs!!!
These were easy to make and also a lot of fun! They also make perfect gifts in order to get yourself and your closest girlfriends into the fall spirit! BUT, I feel like I should warn you about something before you take on this project...your bathtub will be covered in Pumpkin Pie Spice (and you will be as well). Don't worry though just a light wash and your bathtub will return to normal. And also the coconut oil in the recipe is a natural cleaner that can really break through soap scum. So these bath bombs make your bathtub both dirty and clean at the same time.
* 1 1/2 cups of baking soda
* 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
* Red, Yellow, and Green Food Coloring
* 6 Tablespoons citric acid
* 2 Tablespoons organic coconut oil
1) Combine 1 1/2 cups of baking soda and 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice until well blended in a medium size bowl.
2) Set aside a small amount of the baking soda and Pumpkin Pie Spice mixture if you want to do a green stem for your Pumpkin Bath Bombs. Taking the red and yellow food coloring add 15 drops of red food coloring and 12 drops of yellow food coloring. The easiest way to disperse the food coloring throughout the baking soda and pumpkin pie spice mixture is to mix with your hands. Once the red and yellow food coloring is dispersed through the mixture, take the small amount you set aside in a separate bowl and add 8 drops of green food coloring. Mix with your hands.
3) Add 5 Tablespoons of citric acid to the orange mixture and stir with a spoon until well combined. Add 1 Tablespoon to the green mixture and stir.
4) Add 2 Tablespoons of solid organic coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Take 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the melted coconut oil and add it to the orange mixture. Mix with your hands. Add the remaining melted coconut oil to the green mixture and mix with your hands.
5) Taking your pumpkin cookie cutter place it on a baking sheet or a sheet of parchment paper. Taking the orange mixture press it into the cookie cutter making sure to avoid the stem part of cookie cutter. Once the cookie cutter is filled with the orange mixture fill in the stem with some of the green mixture making sure to press down so that the mixture molds to the shape of the cookie cutter. When you are finished gently pull the cookie cutter away, and repeat with the remaining mixture.
6) Let the bath bombs dry for at least 3 hrs.
Now your DIY Pumpkin Bath Bombs are ready for a relaxing bath on a cool Fall night!
Here is the link to the original recipe I found on Pinterest----> http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2014/09/diy-bath-bombs-fizzing-fall-scented.html
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion." -Henry David Thoreau